Wednesday, July 30, 2008

{laurie and justin}

I love all the new experiences that being a photographer presents to me, there is always something new to learn. When Laurie and Justin told me they would love to do a water shoot for their engagement session, I decided it would be a really fun way to try a whole other category of my profession, water photography. Luckily, after years of working at surf magazines, I had the resources to borrow a water housing to give it a shot. Wow. I really have a whole new point of view now on the amazing skill, timing and endurance it takes to be a water photographer. Especially when there are waves involved! I have surfed for years so I feel I know the ocean pretty well but this was on a whole different level of multi-tasking for me! I was so glad to have tried it and really hope to continue to develop my skill in this area. Laurie and Justin surf together all the time (like me and my husband:) and for them, it is very special and an important part of their time together. Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot that started on land and moved to the water!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather:

You did a beautiful job with their engagement photos! The surf pics are like a dream, looks like so much fun to shoot!

Erin said...

Niiice. You're braver than I am! Not only am I terrible swimmer with both hands, but I would not do well with a camera, waves, and trying to concentrate! Awesome job!

Carrie McCluskey said...

The surfing images are gorgeous!